Thursday, January 5, 2012

Personality Crisis

So after running into some issues with a badly bitched Hydra-Glide adjustable rake triple tree I started pissing around with variations of mock-ups on the shovel project again. And although I think the damage done to the hydras-glide trees is salvageable, I'm now having a mid-build crisis and rethinking the bike, again. So many rad options available. So here's a few of the mocks that have existed from day one to current incarnations. Let me know what you think. Some of them are more resolved and others you'll have to use your imagination on the final look.

4 over 41mm tubes and a 3 degree rake.

Stock length and rake w/ flanders risers, z bars, and solo seat.

Same as above w/ 2 piece 2-up seat.

3 degree rake w/ banana wassell.

Same as above w narrowed fatbobs.

3 degree rake w/split tanks HamBone bars and 2-up

stock rake length w/buck horns and pan risers, solo seat.
stock length/rake w/ shovel bars and solo seat.

6 comments:

  1. Hambone bars, two up, split tanks and dual disc narrow glide with eyebrow and stock headlight( I got one). I gotta say it, not feeling the square light on this one. Sell off those wide glides and get focused again. Slap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, a man w/ an opinion. wonderful. I'd need to get a lot for the wide glides if i was gonna run that narrow glide (not pictured) as I've got a lot of time and cash tied up in their components. the damn wheel has cost me nearly $350 already and i still need rotors. thanks for the 2 cents and the slap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see the adj wide glide ran over te rest, but I just hate to see ya at a standstill like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regarding Loco's opinion...I vote yes, yes, yes, nope (of course I'd say do the wide glide), and yes. Does wide glide equal 3 degree rake as well? Or are those the adjustables? I love the long bike (again probably not a surprise).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for chiming in there Du Keeps. The adjustable hydra-glides sport the stock length tubes and the 3 degree rake, where the wide glides sport tubes 4" longer. In pic one I've got those 4over's raked out with a billet set of triples that came with the bike (sold 'cuz...well they're billet, yuck). Is this the stance you like? The raked, but longer forks? I love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. raked out with narrowed split tanks and buckhorns... i think the square light is rad but it doesnt need it.

    ReplyDelete