Sunday, May 9, 2010

Douche Bag



So in pursuit of pod filters for my CB 500/550 I thought "Why not check Rec Supply?"

Day 1
Me: Do you have pod filters for a 73 Honda CB500?
DB: You'd have to bring the carb in because they're all different sizes.
Me: Here it is.
DB: Oh. (putzes around looking for a measurer)
DB: (continues to putz around in the back looking for filters)
DB: (gives me 4 filters)
Me: These are the wrong size.
DB: (see step 5...)
Me: They look pretty long to fit in the frame.
DB: They'll fit. Everybody buys these.

Day 2
Me: I bought these filters yesterday and they don't fit.
DB: They are the smallest ones made.
Me: I've seen smaller ones on the internet.
DB: Then you should buy them on the internet.
Me: Could I have my money back then?
DB: The K&N's are bigger.
Me: I'm not asking for K&N's, can I have my money back?
DB: I need you credit card back then............

Just wanted to say thanks Rec Supply for always going the extra mile!

I just bid on some filters on egay that should fit perfect. (Brand new "UNI" filters which Rec Supply can order. They probably even have some in the back)

PS: I went to Custom Cycle looking for an OBSCURE discontinued carb part (for a honda) which they phoned every damned warehouse in N. America and made the guys actually LOOK on the shelves to find one.

4 comments:

  1. Oh man, this is fun. I'm going to rec tomorrow so I can get hassled and the blog about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I just thought of an awesome game. We should really just start going in there with increasingly annoying and obscure parts requests and TRY to piss them off.
    ME: I'm looking for muffler bearings for an XS850 DB:...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harararar!. Muffler bearings! ME:I bought the last "pair" here but i ran them out in 1 season. That's kinda shitty but here's the only place i could get them...

    Also:
    ME: hyperstatic relief valve.....
    ME: piston pull back springs with the 4" johnson rod....
    ME: can of prop wash...etc.!!!
    Hararar! Give'em hell gents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got the egay filters for $36 as opposed to $71 from Rec Supply

    ReplyDelete