Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Ready for another Mule Mile

So the Antiquated Mule has had a bit of a wiggle in his walk lately. As I come to a stop the whole back end seemed to shimmy from side to side. Today I noticed some radial wire sticking out of the rubber of one of the rear tires and a bit of a bulge.

Sooo it was off with that wheel. But on the Mule it's never so simple. See I've only got the 4 14" rims and the spare I keep is a 15" Mag (from a pontiac I think, Billy can confirm or deny). So if ya change one you really gotta change the other. And well, in the middle of a spring time snow storm that's a shitty job, let me tell you. But, it's a good thing I made the effort because once that wheel was off, Damn if I didn't discover a wobbley wonder.

As you can see this tire is FUckeD! It's worse in person, the pic doesn't do the f'ed-ness justice. Sooo, long story even longer, the Mule's back to it's orginal configuration of 14"s on the front and fat 15"s in the rear only this time the fronts are only 205's so it looks even more like a bitched gasser gone wrong.

Hahah. I think I'm gonna stencil some "Hoosier"s on the back wheels for fun with white paint.

2 comments:

  1. Holy FUKK Dude! What the fukk is WRONG with that tire! Besides the scoliosis, i mean why did it DO that? Is that the problem or the symptom?
    Jeez, thats some impressive weirdness.

    Hoosier.... hoser? What?

    Yes pontiac rimz, they had a name but nobody remembers it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I dunno. You gotta see it in person. There's multiple dimensions of whoa.

    yes. hoosier. http://www.jimsracingtires.com/hoosier%20drag.jpg

    ReplyDelete