Monday, February 7, 2011

I seem to have lost my toque

Front tire
And, obviously, Rear tire.
So I took these tires and...



So at first it was pretty slow. Found the rear disc brake was dragging. Just required a little de-activation. Now she's a pretty fast little bitch. An arm stretcher. Maybe not. Slow to stop now. Unfortunately this is the best vid I've got b/c I lost my toque somewhere and my ears were frozen. Still had to get home. Also, lights were coming on in the houses. Found the tires to be not too bad. This was just packed snow so it got a bit hairy on the hard corners. Me thinks it will be fine on the ice. Perhaps a few more screws towards the center on the front tire would be good. Currently the grip is a bit light going straight. It'll just slip/jump to the side on uneven ridges. Only a couple of face-plants. Again, could be fine on flat ice. I dipped the treads of each screw in "Automotive Contact Adhesive and Sealant" from Ukrainian Tire. And screwed them in with the drill. So far they're holding the air back. (They are roofing screws for metal roofing. $0.09ea) 72rear, 54front, 126 total. I'm ready to race. Who's in?

2 comments: