Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Even to antiquated for Ninjas

I said no to a free bike... I know, I know, but I checked and no, I haven't got a fever and I seem to be slurring only as much as usual.

A 1991 Kawasaki Voyager xii, Winnebago, Garbage Wagon, Full Dresser, whatever you wanna call it, presented itself to me. A luxury 2 wheelin' automobile to be sure, but it needed an engine rebuild. Two cylinders failed the leak down (one more on it's way), one at almost 30% low. Yikes. Can you say "time to bore"? Although it would have been fun to cruise around on for a bit, I turned it down leaving enough space in the backyard this summer for at least 2 or 3 more projects that will reap greater rewards than a mid-90's bagger with 120,000 kms. So if you always wanted to know what Ninja's limit was for stray dogs, well, looks like this is it.


6 comments:

  1. Hey those are a V4 i think, eh? Sr, might be intersted in that kind of a challenge......

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're still thinking about it.....
    Free to you, eh? Any speculations on the price to people who... are... uhh..not you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bike's in BC. Buddy was gonna ride it out here for me in the summer for the cost of a couple weeks of registration and some petrol. Kinda got the impression he was thinkin' I'd fixer'up and keep it running. I considered takin' it and selling it, but I don't think the offer applied to me flipping it like that, ya know? Not sure if he's willing to make the same trek east for other Mule Jockey's or not, but I can look into it if yer interested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. never too antiquated for a Sastard, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. uhhh... its still running with that kind of compression issues? cool! Ya, if its still a runner fer sure! once its fixed it would be way to good to sell!!

    ReplyDelete