Saturday, November 21, 2009

Dave Penner's ultimately disappointing farm of chop

So I took the drive out to Penner's salvage today looking for a 21" enduro wheel with drum brake assembly. Found a decent candidate for restoration, not perfect by any stretch, no brake cable, lever. $75.00!!!! are you fucking outta your mind? if you've met Dave and his other brother Daryl then that was a retorical question, if you haven't had the pleasure then let me tell you...yes. I dickered around about the price for a while and then started taking careful stock of the wheel. If I was gonna pay that much I wanted to know it was gonna work. Turns out dirtbike wheels have a much smaller axle diameter than the XS's. Okay then I'll use the axle from the dirtbike. Nope, too narrow for street forks. Hmmm. Went back into the yard and looked for BIG dirt bikes to see if I could find one with the right sized diameter in the hub. Must have pulled a dozen front wheels off rusty forks and they are all the same. Damn. More research into axle sizes now seem necessary. I gave Dave and his brother one last opportunity to drop the price to something reasonable like, even slight unreasonable, but their slack jawed stares sent be home empty handed. Well, at least I got some pics. Enjoy



Dead Coyote sandwich.



Public Transportation just got interesting.


3 comments:

  1. "Dead coyote sandwich"...Well...obviously. Who hasn't?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya, yookin git 20bux a dedone iffin ya chop off all them paws an' mayl 'em to the guvernmint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. Not sure what the ded dog collection was for, but that wasn't the only pile of coyote carcus' on the yard, just the funniest one.

    ReplyDelete