Friday, November 27, 2009

That's more like it

The gents at Regina Motorcycle Salvage hooked me up! Now that's how you run a fuckin salvage yard. I showed up, explained the complex problems I was having with putting a 21" dirt wheel on the stock 17mm axle from the xs650. Next day they had a great 21" with 15mm bearings and an alloy 21" with a cracked hub and the 17mm bearings that fit the axle I left them from the 650. Sold me both for a fair price and bob's yer uncle. Told me if there was anything else I needed that they'd bus it up to toon town. And yes I will definately be calling them next time I need parts. Thanks boys.

9 comments:

  1. That's fantastic! What's the wheel from? Looks rad by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya, fukkin eh, dude. now i see why your after what it is your doin there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both 21"s are from big old CanAms (one older than the other. I'm gonna need spacers, but otherwise I'm hoping the bearing swap will take care of the axle fit. Anyone know where to get 17mm spacers of varying sizes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. One side needs to be 1/2" or 13mm and the other is 3/8" or 9.5mm. Both will need 17mm inside diameter. Why? Can you help?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw a deal on a variety pack somewhere but I can't remember where yet. I'm sure Rec Supply has what you need though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Worked it out with a heat gun. But...turns out the bearing's outter diameters are not exactly the same. Damn. Looks like I may have to buy bearings after all. Al least the drum assembly has the right axle diameter. still need spacers too.

    ReplyDelete