Tuesday, March 9, 2010

easy does it. or keep your skin on.


So the streets are becoming temptingly clear, and the tempratures even in the am. are nicer now than when we quit riding in november. or december. Sure would be nice to get out there even for just to work and back or something. But an old guy (can't remember which one) told me this is the most dangerous time of year. Another old guy, (friend of uncle Rick) said the city puts down something like 20,000 tones of sand over winter. He always waits until they clean it up. Probably a wise choice. That shit under your tire at the wrong time and you may as well be trying to steer a bike over marbles on glass. I hope to extend my riding season by not being on to big of a hurry to get it started. Statisicaly motorcycles are the safest vehicles on the road, until the time of impact. I wish to not become a conributing member of that statistic. The stakes are just so high. Pavement and steel just don't give a bit. Soft and pink always comes out on the bottom. I have trouble remembering that i've gone down acoupla times, but I never forget to be just a little bit scared whenever I ride around town. I'm really looking forward to this next riding season. Not that I believe that I'll have any more time than last year, but WTF dreamin's free. Hopefully we can all have a few good, safe times. Followed by getting shitfaced.

2 comments: