Thursday, October 7, 2010

Damn drain plugs.

The new carb float valves and gas cap seal seem to have fixed the problem of fuel draining into the oilpan. This is how I tested it before putting the bike back together. I Thought it would be a good Idea since there didn't seem to be any way to remove the BS34's with out spliting them. It fired up real nice and seems to be running well so I must have done something right.
So now I am on to the mystery of why the kickstart doesn't return after a kick. But.... of course I get stumped by the simplest thing. Those giant frigin Drain plugs on the xs. I don't know why they need two, or why they have to be such enormous 27mm bolts. And why is it everytime I try to remove them, they are so friggin stuck. I can't really figure out a way to hoist the thing up so I can put an impact on them.
If you've run into this before, let me know how you worked it out. That is a fine lookin 650 though eh!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah some tight ass big ass bitches. I just went and bought a long 27mm open end wrench specifically for those beasts.

    ReplyDelete