Sunday, November 27, 2011

Beautiful

Unexpected warm weather today allowed me a chance to test the charging system on the van. Turns out the alternator is fine. Battery was f'd and there's still a funny short somewhere causing the lights to pulse. Needs a little more testing this afternoon to trace the problem. Maybe regulator? But I did discover this little curiosity tucked way inside.

I wonder what wonderful tune it plays? traced the wires back to a switch on the dash, but nothin happens when you flip it. I'll maybe pull it out and hit it with a battery just to hear it sing. Also snuck my Honda into my wife's heated studio while she wasn't looking.

Heheh. Hopefully she'll let me store it there for the winter. Not enough room in the van for two bikes if I plan to do the magneto swap on DaLe in there over the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment