Friday, November 4, 2011

Running out of weather


Still not too bad a day for a ride. Fingers got a bit cold on the highway, but around town fine. Bike's extra barky in the cold. Sweet. As much as I love the mules, when starting a big bike below freezing, fuel injection sure is nice. She did have an opinion on where her life has taken her though. I think she's having a hard time adjusting from her previous life in sunny Miami. Ran perfectly but was only going to give me the absolute bare necessities. The motor. No lights, no speedo, no indicators, no odo, no nothing. Everyone's entitled to their opinions, even bikes. Felt pretty good though, pure. Tasted some of that essence of biking again today.

Total = 6895mi (11,121km) this summer. It was a good year.

3 comments:

  1. oh boohoo. My carbureted mule starts on the second kick hot or cold, Mr. I need a fuel injector cuz i can't tune a carb for cold weather. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't gonna say it, but you forced me into it. It has less to do with tuning a carb and more to do with 96ci as opposed to 40ci.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not the size of you equipment it how you use it.

    ReplyDelete