Thursday, January 28, 2010

80/20 rule

Have you ever heard of that old 80/20 rule that says it takes 20% of the time to complete 80% of a project and 80% of the time to complete the other 20%? Well that's where I'm at. So close yet so far away. It feels like I've accomplished nothing in the past month, but I know I've been cutting and figuring like crazy. Anyway. Here's a buncha photos that look the same as the last bunch. Got the new wheel mounted (waiting for go kart wheel spacers from England, still need to sort out the brake)

6 comments:

  1. Anybody like the 19" front wheel better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say you're doing a fine job on that bike. I also say keep the knobbies. I love a big spoke wheel (and knobbies) Are you still bending the exaust pipe up? Baffling it in any way? Johnny Law says you must. Like the foot pegs, can you reach the shifter from them? City Park Cycle has some sweet ass bike pedals if yer into that sort of thing. I think I'll be trying that with my contraption (If I ever get to that stage). Anyway, she's looking good buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dig the front tire and don't feel bad I've had my carburators off for a month and I'm still fiddeling with the first one, but finally got some time and motivation so that post may come soon lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hell ya dude! it looks radical! and to hell with johnny law.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep the new sox is badazz. To keep johnny law off your ass a guy could try putting a few "safety features" like i dunno signal lights?
    Uhh, speaking of the 20% of tedium, hows the home made wiring harness coming?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baffled pipes are the least of my worries as far as the law goes. Shorties I've got have "baffles" in them. I think they'll go straight back not up. Low and long look. I've got some old warn out floor boards coming that might replace the pegs. wiring harness is pretty well sorted, I just need to build it. Might be the next thing actually. Then we'll see if it fires up...yikes. Thanks for the support fellas.

    ReplyDelete