Thursday, January 21, 2010

No this is not about repairing a Carb

This is about what I was up too on Sunday. And if your not stoked to try it then you need to see a doctor cause there is something wrong with you! The season doesn't have to end when the snow falls, it actually is just getting started! Here is my buddy Michael taking the first few laps on a pond near Osler.
With 2" studs 1 1/2 in the tire you get way more traction on ice than you ever could on pavment. Michael was good enough to take me out with him and let me ride his 125 yamaha 2-stroke.


It is a sweet ride on the ice even though it takes some getting used to the 2-stroke I was laying it over pretty good after a few laps on the uber twisty track they have plowed off the pond. I've always riden 4-strokes so it's totally different type of riding... oh yea and it's on ice too ha. I was getting faster with every lap. then Michael brought his camera out so I started pushing my limits to try for some good pics. I found my limits but didn't break anything thank god cause I can't afford a new bike, been there before. Michael and his buddy had a race and he found his limits too.
I just happened to be in the right place to get a sweet sequence of his spill. He didn't break anything either, gotta love dirt bikes!! I've finally found my twisty roads in Saskatchewan. Anyone got $800 I could use to get some studded tires for my KLR? I'll let you ride it too! This pic shows that I am starting to lay it over pretty good.

But not even close to this guy. He is really fast and past me about ten times, don't matter though cause it is so much fun.
He can really lean it over!

8 comments:

  1. Once I get a decent dirt bike I am most certainly doin that. Much less chance of wreckin shit. I cleared half the lake in front of the cabin this year for skating, but when you think about it, Wakaw Lk is 13 mi long...oooh the possibilities...

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTF! Where was my invite? That's awesome!! I soo need a dirt bike next year. Summers at the lake, winters on the pond. Nice stuff. Soooo, no carb floats then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking...Keno, what you need to do is turn the 650 into a dirt track/flat track style bike and put the spikes on that bitch. Oh Hell yeah!!! Kick it old school out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a bad idea...Perhaps I should be getting a backup set of tires with spikes for my project too...hmmmm...We just may be onto something here...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keeps! Whats wrong with the dirtbike you got? From what i can see its practically born for that shit! Nice and light handles good with a handfull of throttle and the back end flying around front! Mad props for the pix and expose keno! Hook us the fuck up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah keeps, I'm with Billy, that little 175 would be stoopid fun on the ice track. A box of screws is only like $7.00. I dunno what Keno needs the other $793 for?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anyone have 2 spare dirtbike tires kickin around? I'll have to look up the size later today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha a box of screws isn't going to cut it guys. you'll need an old tire carcus to go inside a new tire to anchor the studs and then you need about 500 ice spikes per tire to get some real traction. but if you want to build some and try it out i'm in!

    ReplyDelete