Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Jesus' hot stereo

So this one day about 6 years ago, I get a fat press nugget from buddy who has a brick from under a car jack from somewhere in northern Skatch. It's more than I'll every use so Jesus offers to covert it to cash for me. So i let him have it and we all know how the story ends. A few weeks later Jesus pops up with this fine lookin stereo he says he got from a guy who owed him money. (!?!) It looks pretty brand new and has all the wiring so i take it "in trade" and call it square. And then i put it in my closet. The piece of shit stereo in my honda had some broken controls and was minimally functional and a piece of shit, so i kept the face plate in the glove box for convenience and because i'm lazy and didnt really care if that shitty stereo got jacked. So somebody rummages my glove box and takes just the face plate of the piece of shit stereo. WTF! Why not the whole thing? Just the uselessbyitself faceplate? So I pulled out the stereo i got from Jesus and got Sr. to help me count the wires. I soldered the bitch up and it plugged right in. And HOLY CRAP. For an old stereo it has features i have no idea what to do with. It has a big display screen with 10000 different settings, crazy psychedelic lines that go to the beat of the music and my favorite a little animated clip of two cars having a high speed road race. Xm capabilities and everything, and of course no instruction book. (not that i'd read it) So thanks again Jesus, say "happy belated" to Elvis for us. I'm going to go listen to the cbc on a killer deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment