Friday, July 30, 2010

Backwards beer blog

K, I'm computer impaired a little. don't worry though, cause the rest of the impairment is the regular kind. Just fukkin go to the bottom and read up.Stay tuned. From here the torch and grinder are applied. With....uh... some kind of results. And now.... I need a little advice. More to follow. It ain't all pretty.
So much better already. There were things about the '70's that were cruel to vehicles....
Favourite first bike and motor donor. To remain in "unmolested" state incase it deserves a proper resto some day. And then there's my son "Porsche" wearing his sister's pigtails for some reason. I suppose that reason is his tolerance of other people's sense of humor. He's going to drive over me with a track hoe some day.


A week'er two ago I went out to visit mom'n'pop, and Sr and I took shit off the cb. Most of it shall never return!
I'll recap as its been so long...
I have a '79 cm400t that i crashed when i was 20 or something. (this is not a picture of it) I never wanted to let go of the bike so I kept it on the farm and my little bro but dirt bike bars on it and we rode it around in it's wounded state for a few years. Sr. straightened the forks in the hydraulic press after the accident and we proceeded to thrash it soundly (but lovingly) for a number of years. It was terribly flogged as a dirt tracker/errand boy/dirt bike because it handled so well in a skid, we never wanted to drive it "properly". The motor was just so good i couldn't leave it in its vicious cycle of abuse/rot/no oil change/repeat. So at first i set out to restore it. Its pictured above somewhere, in maroon. But really it was to small for the highway left a little to be desired if I ever wanted to put any miles on. So I thought...."I simply must become just another douchebag building a back yard chopper!". So I bought a '78 cb400 with a bad valve and thought I'd start pulling desired parts to supplement the project. Then I realised that I couldn't take a torch to a beautiful vintage honda that was really not in to bad shape, 'cept it had been crashed a little. And I thought it deserved to be paid back for its mistreatment as something cooler than a motor transplant to an ugly ass $200 cb400. So the tables turned and fate took a bad, loose shit on the poor bastard cb. It became the donor bike, and the cm needed to provide only it's still beating heart. and its short shocks.

2 comments:

  1. Awe fuck yeah! I just sent you those pics of the hardtailed cm/cb400. It looks like a REALLY easy way to hardtail that thing with awesome results. It's not like you're gonna ride the thing to Cali (although this guy did) so I say loose the suspension and pound your kidney's! We could weld that thing up in a day no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pleased to see you're workin on it. If you need any extras, I've got 10 gallons+ of extra shit I ain't usin.

    ReplyDelete