Friday, July 30, 2010

Trailing out Front

Something a lot of builds never take into consideration is Rake and Trail. If you're using the stock neck and close to stock fork length you'd never worry. But if you're building the long bike you better know something about it. What I know is with my current setup where I wanted the neck raked out to (approx 48 degrees) with the 6" over forks and the rockers they're sporting I'm gonna be outta control with an 8" trail. Hardly the sweet spot. Sooo...looks like I'm gonna bring the neck back in to around 40 and rake the forks out at the triple trees to get the extra angle. Also I need to make new rockers anyway to fit the 3/4" axle for the spoolie so I might as well make some Sugar Bear inspired creations and push that wheel out another inch or so which will also help reduce that 8" trail. Like I said, never really worried about it before, but it's worth checkin' out.

2 comments:

  1. Izzat what the goose nex are good for? Achieving style and minimizing the compromise in handling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet did the link I get rake and trail now... or at least somewhat.

    ReplyDelete