Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sorry I missed the tour!

So My Weekend ended up being a bust. I was supposed to go on a trip up north that would have been amazing but couldn't get a hold of Badass mod, he's on leave so who knows where he is. Was holding out for that trip and didn't make the tour. I thought I would show you all what I did get up to while you were watching spiders crawling and such.



This is the Zenith Stromberg carb from my MG. I found out that it has more bits in the single carb than the 650 has in two carbs.

I also replaced this gasket that had a large gap in it. how the hell does that happen? If it weren't for the bolt that holds the catalytic converter onto the exhaust pipe being completely stuck. I removed it by Dremel tool) I would not have minded so much that I had to remove the intake/exhaust manifold to get at the cover.

So yeah ended up being a pain. and now the engine seems to be holding a little more oil, well at least it isn't a constant spray on the manifold anymore.


Bad part is that after attempting to adjust the carb it seems to run about the exact same as it did before I tore it apart and even though the automatic water choke is functioning as it should I still can't get a high idle when it is cold????????? So I'm glad you guys had fun, wish I had come rather than do a bunch of wrenching with no results.

2 comments:

  1. Still. you pulled that bad boy apart, cleaned it up and got all the bits back in line. That's gotta feel alright. It's no spider on tits, but not a bad way to spend your time.

    ReplyDelete