Monday, October 5, 2009

Evolution of a 650

I'm trying to get my head around the evolution of a custom bike. Although I'm stoked to get this XS650 rigid project finally under way. I can't help but feel a bit sad to see the current incarnation of the bike, go. Day one looked like this


and by the end of the summer I had this. I went for a run on Saturday with the old girl and shot some lasting pics of her current look.


I do like the idea of an ever evolving project. A bike that can have many lives and looks. Even the fact that the old girls already have parts from about 5 different bikes makes me smile. Don't know how many lives this XS has had, but based on the layers of paint and mixed serials I'm guessing she saw a few before I got my hands on'er. It'd be a shame to stop now.

No comments:

Post a Comment