Saturday, July 11, 2009

Black Sparrow


This was the end product of the Black Sparrow project. A '76 XS360 I bought for $500 in '07. She came to me running, and I rode it all that summer although was admittedly put together with bubblegum and bailing twine. A real rat job. Radio Shack electric start mounted under the tank, glass packs in the pipes (loud MF), electrical system patched and spliced top to bottom. Changed the bars and bought a front fender off ebay. By the end of the summer it ran like Sh*t and had low compression on both sides. I spent the winter months tearing the topend down and replaced the broken rings and honed the cylinders at a friend's garage. Put the old girl back together and she ran like a top. Finished modding with a custom seat with a plywood pan, and smaller signals and taillight. Sold her this Summer. I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment