Thursday, June 30, 2011

Noon Hour Adventures

Went for a noon ride today. Turns out raging river = no ferry. (notice I got rid of the football air cleaner?)

Instead I went for a bounce down the Dalmeny highway. There was so much bounce that it blew the straps apart on my saddle bags. Was just ripping along minding my own business when I suddenly started slowing down. It was like I was dragging a sled. What the hell? Then I smelled (and saw) smoke! I let off the gas and the bike skidded to a stop on the side of the road. You can't really see it, but the entire other saddle bag is jammed between the tire, the fender, and the front of the swing arm. Now I can't roll the bike forwards or backwards. I had to cut it out a piece at a time. Just glad it was the bag with the bungees and plastic bags, not the other one with all the tools in it!


No comments:

Post a Comment