Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Troublehead update

My man Sluggo is a boss. He lent me this head off a running shovel to get my lame pony back on the road in quick order. So I cleaned it up, removed the old crusty gasket (sliced my finger open in the process), and went to put my old rocker cover on so that the heads matched.


Uhhh....here you can see the lip of the valve spring poking out from under the cover that was too small to slide over the edge of the springs. Whaaa?

 

On further inspection of the rocker cover someone has already made "adjustments" to the wall by thinning it to fit the last ones. ??? Anyone seen this before? I think its very odd that these aren't a universal fit.

1 comment:

  1. I think it could be from too many valve jobs wearing the seat down and sinking the valve further into the head.

    ReplyDelete