Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The cable.

So I got some good advice from Graeme and finally got off my ass to build my cable for my KLR. I tried to take a short cut and it didn't work. At all!! So following Graeme's advice I went down to Custom cycle and asked about cable parts. They gave me the # of this guy and yesterday I gave him a call. Royce didn't seem to interested in selling me parts but he was interested in building me a cable. After meeting him at a shoping centre, because that is where he happened to be at the time. I followed him to a buddies place where he works and watched him build me a cable exactly as Graeme had described it. It took all of 45 minutes from the time I called him till i had the cable. Guess I shouldn't have spent so much time pissing around eh! Rode out to the farm lastnight and had a blast going up the mucky hill. Thanks Graeme and Royce for hooking me up, much appreicated. And to all you mules don't even bother with Rec just call Royce with some proper measurements it's a lot less painfull. Though next time I think I will build my own cause it really isn't difficult just need the right bits.

2 comments:

  1. What did he charge you for this custom built cable?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30 buck,worth the lack of effort on my part but now I also want to do it myself.

    ReplyDelete