Sunday, December 5, 2010

stages

Not having much luck getting the latest 650 running sitting on the floor. I think I'll throw caution to the wind and stick it in a frame anyway with the assumption that it will run once the wiring is a little less franken and I can get a good proper swing on the kick. Keno and I checked the compression yesterday which was fair-good, we had spark, new plugs, and the carbs have been rebuilt. Tried eliminating the non-full-stroke issue when kicking by hooking up the starter today, but there's some issue with that. Wasn't going to run an electric start anyway. Ho hum.


Anyway this guys got it worse than me. I've only got 3 XS650 engines's currently in the works and two of them are complete and either running or closer than anything pictured here. Although this guy looks a little more organised than backyard-shed-boy over here.

2 comments:

  1. izzat the one with the pitted piston pot?
    Sorry boutcher luck. maybe you weren't including enough alcohol in yer formula....
    always werth a try, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe, although the booze hasn't been getting me far in life lately. no, the pitted piston pot powerplant is still under the bench. I've got a replacement head and jugs for it from that box of stuff Stu sent me, just need a stock pair of pistons and rings. I'm a cheap ass Menno so I'm waiting for a decent used pair t'come up on ebay instead of springin' for the $150 they'd cost me new w/ rings. Plus I need to build another set of carbs from the two zombie sets that dug their way out of the ground last year. Not looking forward to that task.

    ReplyDelete