Sunday, December 6, 2009

Blacksmith'n Sissy

Bangin' out some mounting tabs on the sissy bar today. Heat, Hit, Heat, Hit, Heat, Hit, Heat, Hit, Heat, Hit, Heat, Hit, Heat, Hit, Heat, Hit, Heat, Hit, Heat, Hit. Found an old school article on building sissies and this was the "technique"they described. Worked better than I expected to be honest.Inside surface with hammer marks and edges rounded with bench grinder.


Outside surface flattened from concrete floor I was bashin' against.


Measure twice drill once.

4 comments:

  1. nice dude! so... you going to go for a short and vertical sissy bar? that dose not match the front forks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vertical I think yes, but I'll still build the sky high one. This is just my tester bar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bigger is better!

    C'mon!beat that shit like it owes you money!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That shit does owe me money. And I intend on collecting on it.

    ReplyDelete