Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Gods are against a Sat ride

Okay so First off, sorry to Brian. I think I writ yer # down wrong cuz I tried texting you but it wouldn't go through. Turns out you may have been a member of the damned though so you might have been lucky.

Around 4 I decided I'd earned a ride after putting a window in the shop and starting the insulating. I had massive bail outs from riders that were stoked yesterday, but found one guy who was ready to roll. Busted over to Keno's. He hadn't seen Dale all finished so he rode him around the block a bit. As he pulls in he says. "yer front brake's just for looks, eh?" We took a look and the rare CanAm brake cover had cracked in half. Fucker!

Refusing to accept defeat I say, " I'm good still got the rear drum, let's go". Oops, outta gas. We pull the tank of Shane's XS and drain it into Dale. Good off we go.

Ken's behind me two blocks later as I pull out onto Spadina. I look back...no Ken. After waiting on the side of the road for a minute or two I turn back to find Ken pushing his KLR up the hill back to his garage.

Snapped throttle cable. Welll shiit.

We jumped in a car (not pictured) and got a 8 sack at the LB, pulled all the bikes at Moto Keno's Garage out so he could get the MG out and make some repair room for the other projects. I Ken's got one thing it's project vehicles...and a 919 with over 70,000 MILES on it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey man my number is 220-7982, let ma know if you wanna ride in the evening this week....

    ReplyDelete