Thursday, May 13, 2010

Fall out from Cursed Saturday

So we were not the only ones affected by Saturday. Meatstick came home that very same day to find that his full gas tank had leaked into his crankcase. A bit of investigation found that his vacuum tank valves were not closing so well and some new oil and gas and a trip to PA from La Ronge to prove everything was okay. I heard he has been bootin around PA with some boys so that's great.





On my Side, I've found out that throttle cables for an 84 are not in Rec supply's catalogs and custom cycle has them listed as Discontinued. So I am wondering if any of you mules have ever built a cable. I haven't but would like to know how they get the little ends on so I can just replace the cable on my KLR and use the old cladding.

1 comment:

  1. I've got $1000 dollars that says Rec's got a cable that would work and they are just to useless to find it. Actually I don't have a thousand dollars, but I'm so sure they have one that I'm willing to make the bet anyway and damn the consequences of my actions. Fortunately for me the employees are so slack that bet will never be called. Unfortunately for you, yer bike's broke.

    ReplyDelete