Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Be not afraid


Change is good. I'm trying to embrace a more ephemeral lifestyle where I can accept change as constant and live in the moment knowing that nothing lasts forever. The Japanese chopper scene, apitamised in this case by Mochi's Pan, seems to embrace this notion on a cultural level and I've got a big respect for the ever evolving bikes in the land of the rising sun. So I swapped out the bars on Dale for some Trump pullbacks today and I'm finishing up the original XS1 wheel for the front. This too shall pass.

6 comments:

  1. nice dude. It didn't work on the mock up but it works now. Rock that shit loud and proud. how does it change the handling and ride position? Better?? Worse??

    Looks comfy. Can I ride it to the flon.....???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. If the charging system worked on old dale I'd actually consider riding him on this trip. Not nearly as agile as the drags, looks comfy, but really changes the leaning position to kind-of an awkward stance. just need tweeking. it does glide nice now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks good bro! whats wrong with the charge system???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I've narrowed it down to the rotor. I swapped the stator a while back and it didn't fix it and the rotor is the only other original part to the system although it tests good on the multi-meter. ???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Voltage regulator. Kind of confusing process to test them, but it's either the rotor or that. The stator tests good, right? Yours have 3 wires coming out of it? The resistance should be equal between all 3 wires. That was my problem, unequal resistance (a short or something). The new one is dandy. It's coming to Flin Flon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Regulator rectifier was replaced (admittedly with a used one) when I built the new wiring harness. Like I said, the only original piece to the constant problem is the rotor.

    ReplyDelete