Sunday, August 22, 2010

Gifts from Sr.

When I arrived home from the Show & Shine today I found Sr. and his Mrs. outside my place. Sr. came by to drop off the Lil Desert Rose fork tubes that he'd straightened and he had another surprise for me as well. What's that? Did you say a YZ250? Well if you did it shows you've been paying close attention to the blog lately, but you would be wrong. No, in fact Sr. had just picked up two vintage bikes (one whole and a roller) from a gent in town for a cool case of beer. Sr. thought the '77 DT250 (the whole one of the pair) would make a better project for me than the YZ250 with the busted tranny and kindly dropped the bike off with an open offer to exchange it for/or in addition to, the YZ still sitting at the farm. Still following? Not sure why. But, here's the first pic. Stay tuned for developments. Thanks Sr. Damn it really is impossible to say no to a free bike.

5 comments:

  1. So when the heck are we going riding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you really can make a good thing look better than real life with your mad photography skills. super stoked man get that thing running!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NicE! You prolly wont bend those forks! There's a dt360 out at sr.'s and we've flogged that bastard. For an old piece of shit it handles realy well.(in the air) Lands a little hard tho, but that 250 got a badass monoshock.
    That bike should be great. and old. What does it need?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A cleaning and some fork juice. The tank is REALLY rusty so a few days on the rotisserie should get enough junk out to run it. The forks are leaky and kinda empty (won't do wheelies until that's fixed. I learned my lesson). I'll probably pull the carb off while the tank's being washed and give it a clean. Hoping that'll be enough to fire it up by the weeks end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya, I forgot, hararar, I went out to sr.'s the other day, an'e sais, "I was in town to today an' I guess I bought another motorcycle."
    oh? I said.
    "yeah, I got it for a case of beer!" My skepticism started here...
    "I'm not sure what size it is..."
    mh hmmm...
    "I'm not sure if there's a tank and a motor...."
    uh...whut..
    "I'm not even sure what it is, but it has two new tires, and prolly a bunch of other stuff I could use! There was enough there that the guy paid 500bux frit a few years ago, an' now he's cleaning out his garage!"
    His garbage?
    "No, his garage... Hey, there's some good parts there for a case of beer!"

    ReplyDelete