Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I must admit....

....I rode around with just my motorcycle learners permit for about 15 years. B/c of the upcoming trip to the 'flon if felt i prolly should posses the leagal requirements. I grew up with bikes so i just felt slightly resentful that "the man" was incharge of telling me I knew how to ride or not. (i'm still here ain'I?) But as punkrock value bend and mellow with a few years and life experiences I decided that atually I was kind of starting to feel like a wanker with out the M endorsement. So the mighty max and I set out last wednesday am. to prove our skills to the authorities. I'd spent the nearly and hour the previous evening putting bits of crap on the end of a spring to get the foot brake to activate the brake light so i was feeling pretty smug about having my 28 year old bike totally roadworthy. But on my way to meet the examiner the horn decided to crap out, so of course the wouldn't test me. I phoned around to see what small town I could get a test in short order. Watrous, two days later on Friday, the thirteenth. Rad! My lucky day! And so it was. I met and examiner who had had her sense of humor surgically removed, so I pretended to be a tight-ass myself. I rode around in the agreed upon no nonsense fashion and she granted my my M endorsement b/c I only made on mistake. I made it a buncha times but I guess she didn't feel she should flunk me for the single repeated error. She could have. I was stopping on the crosswalk not behind. In the city I'm sure its not an error i would make, but in the middle smalltown nowhere, it's not like the crosswalk is, like, obvious.
More luck was to be had this Friday the thirteenth. I'll post again when Sr. emails me the pics of my honda accord dash-ecotmy.

1 comment: